I didn't get the idea from the original posting that the teachers
necessarily wanted a librarian in the library.  They just wanted the
library open so they can go in and get things.  That is often a very big
problem.  For instance, tutoring is held in our library and anyone can
walk out with anything.  Also, we have a school where many of the
teachers have keys that open everything and they are accustomed to
helping themselves.  They think this is just the way it should be -
nights, weekends, etc. - and last year the AV loses were high.

On Tue, 7 Feb 1995, Union-Endicott Central School District wrote:

> Your union is supposed to represent your interests.   If they don't, you
> can sue for non-representation.   Call your state union office
> IMMEDIATELY.    If in fact your union wants the libraries open after
> school, then they should negotiate your stipend, flex hours, or etc.
>

> Gail Dickinson
> Union-Endicott Central School District
> Endicott, NY 13760.
>                         "a wild patience has taken me this far"