Regarding going to the "union" for help.  We have found that our
Teacher's organization (not union) has more classroom teachers than
librarians, so if what they want conflicts with what we want, we are out
of luck.  We have sometimes reminded them that we do pay our dues just
like everybody else, but it doesn't help much.  The next time someone has
an idea that they want the librarians to do for free, we either give in
or fight the battle all over.  This kind of thing happens more at a
building level than district.  I do sometimes ask if they will give me an
example of someone else who is doing something comparable.  If no one is,
then my point is well-taken.  Nevertheless I do put in lots of nights and
weekend time on projects that originated with someone else.
Paula Neale
mohmie@coop.crn.org

LM_NET Archive Home