On Mon, 13 Feb 1995, Susan Shaver wrote:

> times they are shuffled through, carried off, etc.  But worse than that is
> the principal and office help(students) who abscond with the local paper
> which comes out once a week in the mail before it ever reaches the library!
> Heaven help me if I tampered with anyone elses mail or papers!

Well, Group, I have the solution!  :-)  Do what the librarian did before
me (and I inherited the job).  Have the mail delivered to the library
FIRST.  We then sort through and pull ours out and then take the rest to
the office.  That procedure has its drawbacks, but because the library
mail is the most abundant, it saves office help time if we take ours out
first.  Of course, in a sense, that's handling it twice (not time
efficient) but at least the magazines and newspapers have a chance to be
stamped and logged in before they disappear!

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523

LM_NET Archive Home