Dear friends on the LM Net:

straight, I am writing regarding the Culturgrams on disk.  We, Brigham
Young University, produce the Culturgrams in written format.  Brigham Young
University owns the copyright.

A few years ago we contracted with a local company (ICD which later changed
its name to Novasoft) to produce the Culturgrams on disk.  We ended that
relationship because we weren't entirely pleased with the product or the
agreement.  We felt we could do better for the customers in both regards.

Novasoft sold its remaining inventory in 1993 to Digital Libraries, and
Digital Libraries is authorized to sell only that version.  That version
was our 1992 copyrighted Culturgrams.

We update and revise the Culturgrams each year.  Every August we release a
new edition that includes a rigorous review of the existing countries as
well as the addition of new countries to the set. We have added 24 new
countries to the Culturgrams since the 1992 edition.  There have been
countless changes to the existing countries, including the fact that
several have been rewritten due to major changes in the country (e.g.,
Eastern Europe, Israel, South Africa).

We are currently working on getting a new version of the Culturgrams for
computer (CD ROM) available for our customers.  We have been working
through a different software manufacturer who would like to remain
anonymous for the time being.  Because of the impending release of the
software, we discourage the purchase of the older, outdated, and incomplete
version now being sold by Digital Libraries.

However, if you would like more information about the new product as it
becomes available, or if you have any other questions, I welcome you to
call and give me your name and address.  My number is 1-800-528-6279.  You
may also reply to me by e-mail at the address below.

David Deem

David Deem                                      e-mail address:
David_Deem@BYU.EDU
Kennedy Center Publications            phone: 800-528-6279
Brigham Young University                fax: 801-378-7075
PO Box 24538
Provo, UT  84602-4538