 >Date - 13 Feb 1995 00:48:03 -0600
 >Reply-to - jdahill@llwnet.ll.pbs.org
 >From - "Global SchoolNet Fdn (FrEdMail)" <lmnet-l@ACME.FRED.ORG>
 >To - &sig.lmnet
 >Subject - Re: Copy$ vs.Electronic Copy$
Hello,  We librarians have discussed this issue of pay vs. free for
copies at several staff meetings.  I wish we could afford to provide free
copies for copy machine or electronic print.  I don't think there should
be any difference between the two.  One year we alloted budget dollars
for paper but exhausted all money in one semester so now we charge $ .10
per page for either type of copy.  We use the honor system for our CD
work stations.  Our copy machines are coin operated.  We haven't had any
complaints other than a desire on the students part for copy cards.  It
seems to me that it would be difficult to charge elementary or middle
schoolers but philosophically "o.k." to charge highschool people.  I've
noticed that my own teenager always seem to have more cash than I do!
What do you think? dquast

<dquast@riverside.cerf.fred.org> -------------- 33.57.12N, 117.23.43W
Debra Quast
College professor at Azusa Pacific University,  Libra Azusa, California

LM_NET Archive Home