    Here at Saddleback Community College we have cd rom
    network with 10 stations. We contracted out with vendor
    who provides 4 photo copiers and in addition some HP laser
    printers for the cd network. They provide change
    machine,copy card vending machine/recharger and all
    supplies for printers/copiers. Students have to purchse
    copy card for $5 with $1.00 incremental recharges to use
    photocopiers and laser printers. I believe it debits
    10cents for each page. Vendor tech comes at least twice a
    week to check equipment and replenish supplies. Contract
    provides vendor with biggest chunk of proceeds.  There are
    some stations with standard printers and we go on honor
    system for those. We plan to link up a new HP desk jet
    color/bw printer to network for multimedia resources. We
    try to encourage students to download for free their
    fulltext citations.  I will be presenting at Cue
    conference in Palm Springs this May and I will go into
    more specific matters regarding CD lan
    design,problems,solutions, etc.

    Steve Tash, Ed Tech Librarian
    Instructor "Earning Academic Credit For Travel"
    800)484-1081 x7775 8am-8pm PST

LM_NET Archive Home