Kathy Bunt posted the question:
>What is the correct format to use when doing a footnote and a bibliography
>for sources off the Internet?  Is this listed in any of the form and style
>books for doing theses and papers?  If not what format should students
>follows.  Thanks in advance.

The Publication manual of the American Psychological Association is a reference
for this type of information.
Here are some examples of online reference info:

"ELEMENTS OF REFERENCES TO ON-LINE INFORMATION
          Author, I.  (date).  Title of article.  _Name of Periodical_
      [On-line], _xx_.  Available:  Specify path

          Author, I., & Author, I.  (date).  Title of chapter.  In _Title of
      full work_  [On-line].  Available:  Specify path      "
(p. 218)
"ON-LINE JOURNAL, GENERAL ACCESS
     *E-MAIL
          Funder, D. C.  (1994, March).  Judgmental process and content:
     Commentary on Koehler on base-rate [9 paragraphs].  _Psycoloquy_ [On-line
     serial], _5_(17).  Available E-mail:  psyc@pucc  Message:  Getpsyc 94-xxxx
"(p. 220)

"PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS
  Personal communication may be letters, memos, some electronic communications
(e.g., E-mail, discussion groups, messages from electronic bulletin boards), te
lephone conversations, and the like.  Because they do not provide recoverable d
ata, personal communications are not included in the reference list.  Cite pers
onal communications in text only.  Give initials as well as the surname of the
communicator, and provide as exact a date as possible.

          K. W. Schaie (personal communication, April 18, 1993)   "
(p. 173-174)

Reference for this information:
      American Psychological Association.  (1994).  _Publication manual of the
American Psychological Association_ (4th ed.).  Washington, D. C.:  American
Psychological Association.

Jacquelyn Cohan
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV