Recently I asked for information on block schedules and received a number
of replies and will post a HIT soon.  In the meantime, I want to
recommend a set of videos, "High School Alternative Scheduling."  It
describes various types of scheduling and the advantages and
disadvantages of each.  Some are as simple as 8-block , semester, and
trimester.  Some are more complicated.  It is produced by The Video
Journal of Education (Phone 1-800-572-1153).  I don't know the cost.  My
principal had it and asked me to view it.  The parts are "Reorganizing
Time for Student Achievement" and "New Opportunities with Block
Scheduling."

Gerry Schriefer
Mahomet-Seymour High School
Mahomet, IL  61853