I've used MacCards for the past 3 years, esp. in my totally unautomated library
(unautomated, as in circ or OPAC).  I'm now in a library that has Follett's
Circ. Plus on a PC, but a traditional card cat.  For some reason, my trusty
MacCards program has decided to be difficult in this new location.  e.g.:
1.  Although I have no problem emtering data, as usual.  I now can't get anythin
 g to print out, either on Imagewriter or on HP deskwriter.  The printers work
for all other normal programs, such as Microsoft Works, Print Shop, etc., so
why this glitch?
2.  With automated cicrc, I no longer need pocket and card labels, but the progr
 am
doesn't seem to print just spine labels.  Any sughgestions?
3.  Now that I've got all this data  (no, we don't have any CD-Roms to download
MARC records and all that jive.  I'm doing in-house cataloging, since I have
many "gift" books to add to the collection.)  is there anyway I can transport
it inot the Circ+ system, or do I have to key in every entry, since I'm going
from Mac to IBM platforms?

Or, is there some other program someone else can recommend?  I've got a voluntee
who's great at data-entry, as long as she doesn't have to actually format it.

Please reply to me directly at <yucht@zodiac.rutgers.edu>
Many thanks.  Alice H. Yucht, Info-trekker

LM_NET Archive Home