Let me second Susan's suggestion.  I make a big deal of the Newbery and
Caldecott awards each year.  In fact in December I always predict the winners
and my classes are quite interested to see if I am right or, as usual wrong.  In
any case the interest does run high and it would be great to find out as soon as
possible by LM_NET.  It also DOES impress the faculty to get the information by
way of the Internet.Oh yes, let me add that one year I correctly predicted both
winners.  Had I been a betting person...

Janet Rawdon
Newton MA
rawdonj@a1.mec.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home