     I am writing to request replies that I can show my administration to
encourage budget money for next year include money for internet access for
those teachers who have expressed interest. Our administration is hesitant
because our connection through a local BOCES would also enable those teachers
with accounts in their name to access those accounts from their homes if they
have a computer at home with a modem. But since this unique resource takes a
lot of time to explore, it is very helpful that they can do it from home. They
do not have time during the school day to become familiar with the resources
that would be most helpful to their subject areas. We are a secondary school,
grades 7-12, with a nine period daily schedule. We only have two computers in
the school with modems. One is in the library, but our circulation also runs
off this computer so it is not available most of the time.
     I am the Librarian and I have an account which I can access from home-
which is where I am now since it's Sunday. I believe that the educational
value of the internet will be shown to our secondary students when their
teachers use it not just when I get information for them that we don't have in
our library.
     The administration doesn't seem to have a problem with providing access
with a computer at school, but they are concerned with paying for "personal
access". Thanks in advance for any "ammunition" you can give me.
     Ellen McLane

Ellen McLane
Fallsburg Jr/Sr High School
Box AH, Brickman Road_________emclane@wchrulst (bitnet)