Is anybody aware of an updating of the tables in the back of Information
Power which give some information about collections, equipment and staff
time in libraries which were giving excellent service?  I shared the
numbers from Information Power with my principal and members of a
committee looking at the library and it seemed to make an impression on
them. Not only were they impressed by the numbers, and how far our
library is from matching most of them, but they were also
interested in seeing the questions which had been asked to ascertain the
level of service.  The questions are an educational process also as they
point out the kinds of things that librarians can and do provide when
they have sufficient time to do so.  (And I cannot much as I try, on my one
day a week)  But those figures are from 1985.  It would be good
to have something more recent.

And it is wonderful to have a place like this to ask such a question.....
Jean Townes                             townesj@csos.orst.edu
Waverly Elementary School
Greater Albany Public Schools
Albany, Or 97321