    A week or so ago I posted a target asking to favorite URL's (Uniform
    Resource Locators).  A number of you asked me to post a HIT, so here
    it is.  And thanks to all of you who provided suggestions.  You're a
    gracious and information rich group.  I need to apologize to Bob
    Koechley in Belleville, WI.  He sent me a file of his bookmarks which
    I need to spend more time interpreting before I pass along.

    Happy hunting,

    Sheryl Steinke
    Eugene (OR) Schools

    steinke@4j.lane.edu
                   **************************************

    NEW    Clickable Map Interface   to K-12 School Web Sites!

        http://hillside.coled.umn.edu/others.html

    Since March of 1994, Hillside Elementary School has hosted the
    Internet's most comprehensive list of K-12 School WWW servers.  In
    keeping with the spirit of graphical information delivery on the
    World Wide Web, we are now providing a CLICKABLE MAP INTERFACE to our
    list of school web sites.

    Of course, we still provide the means to obtain all the schools in
    our list through the traditional "huge list" format.  We also
    provide text-only links to the to the various country and state
    lists.

    Field Museum of Natural History (home of DNA to Dinosaurs)
    http://www.bvis.uic.edu/museum/

    Shoemaker Levy 9 Collission with Jupiter Impact Home Page
    http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/sl9/sl9.html

    Space Calendar http://newproducts.jpl.nasa.gov/calendar

    Theodore Tugboat's Online Activity Center
    http://www/cochran.com/tt.html

    Weather Browser http://rs560.cl.msu.edu/weather/interactive.html

    Welcome to the Planets http://stardust.jpl.nasa.goulplanets/

    Yahoo at http://akebono.stanford.edu/yahoo
    and  http://www.uwm.edu   look for Yanoff't special Internet
    connections.

    Sea World Home page http://www.bev.net/educational/seaworld

    You can get to a place to do the Meyer's Briggs test through a URL

    HTTP://sunsite.unc.edu/jembin/mb.pl

    Just follow directions, it only takes about 5-10 minutes.

    The Lunar & Planetary Institute at the Center for Advanced Space
    Studies has many resources available.

    Our main system may be reached at cass.jsc.nasa.gov or
    http://cass.jsc.nasa.gov/CASS_home.html.  Login as cass (lowercase)
    the password is online (again lowercase).  The system supports Web
    readers, VT- emmulation and X Windows.

    Modem users may call 713-244-2089 or 244-2090 to connect.

    Resources available include:

    Programs and abstracts (full text) (LPI, Advanced Design Program and
    Division
       of Space Life Sciences)
    Lunar & Planetary Information Bulletin (full text)
    Lunar & Planetary Bibliography
    Our Serial Holdings
    Card Catalog (includes maps, documents, AV, etc.)
    Special Issues (catalog of special issues of journals, analytics)
    Index to the Benchmark Papers in Geology Series
    Index to Planetary Maps
    Venus Impact Crater Inventory (USGS)
    Gazetteer of Planetary Nomenclature
    Mars Exploration BBS
    Venus/Mars Gravity and Geophysics (postscript files for downloading)

    http://thomas.loc.gov

    http://www.whitehouse.gov

    SOCIAL STUDIES
    I love the African American Exhibit of the Library of Congress
            http://lcweb.loc.gov/homepage      choose exhibits and other
    files too!
    VIRTUAL TOURIST  has loads of stuff for geography classes.
            http://wings.buffalo.edu/world/
    FOR THE JAPANESE EARTHQUAKE
            Record of the day:
    http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~polet/oldrecofds.html
    CRISIS IN RWANDA:
            http://www.demon.co.uk/pages/index.html
    BIO OF NELSON MANDELA
            http://osprey.unisa.ac.za    look for files on PEOPLE
    CHERNOBYL
            http://polyn.net.kiae.su/ polyn/history.html
    Here are some great SCIENCE SITES:
    SETI
            http://www.metrolink.com/seti/seti-top.html
    CRYONICS
            gopher://quartz.rutgers.edu:70/00/scitech/cryonics-faq
    FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY
    TODD's HOME PAGE
            http://neutrino.nuc.berkeley.edu/  go to STUDENTS/TODD P.
    or NUKE HOME PAGE     http://nuke.handheld.com/