Looking for tips on helping to involve families in promoting literacy at
home for K-2 students in multiethnic urban community. We are a Library
Power site, planning to use some funds to pilot circulating classroom-
paperback collections  for nightly shared reading.
 How can we encourage and support family
members in shared reading? How to reach families of children whose
reading development is  not progressing at it should? We would
like parents to be involved in development of collection, from shopping, to
preparing books, to active participation at home. Do you have a
successful program? We would appreciate strategies that work.Martin
Luther King School Library, Cambridge, MA.

LM_NET Archive Home