John,  I agree!! I have students who have written numerous keypals.
Mine have spent a lot of time composing informative messags.  I have
two sixth grade girls who will write.  I have sent out two surveys
and have only 5 or 6 resonses.  I resonded to the same Christmas
survey.  I am now haveing my students ask the person to whom they
write to let them know if they alrady have a keypal.  Even this
hasn't worked .  I hope it will work out with time.

         | Caroline Gershner - Librarian - DeValls Bluff, Ar. |
         |          School Phone Number (501)998-2361         |