Perhaps the biography by the ?deAulaires on the life of Pocohontas would
be worth reading as I believe they spent a lot of time researching facts
and tell the whole life of Pocohontas including how she was held for
ransom and taken to England never to see her family again.

My school library has many old books.  I don't know if it is in print or
not but I feel this could add to the discussion and would be a good way
to compare and contrast the facts.

When I was studying biographies this spring, all of my second graders
voted that Pocohontas be read aloud instead of the other de Aulaire
biographies they had to choose from- Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln,
George Washington, Buffalo Bill, etc..

On Wed, 5 Jul 1995, Kathryn K. Lafferty wrote:

> I admit it:  I bought two copies of the Disney book version for my
> school.  I know the kids are going to be begging for it, and it
> won't stay on the shelf.  Now I'm looking for a REAL version I
> can read to them or recommend to them for comparison purposes.
> I know Jean Fritz wrote "The Double Life of Pocohantas".  Does
> anyone know of another one that's an easy to read type for the
> younger kids?
> --
> Kathy Lafferty
> klaffert@pen.k12.va.us