Recently I was asked to help in our elementary school library since the
librarian of many years was retiring.  Currently the library is organized into
3 sections for books that circulate:  easy, fiction ("chapter" books), and
non-fiction.  I am puzzled about how she (or the book
processing companies she used, or the Library of Congress CIP staff) define
"easy."  There doesn't seem to be any consistency, particularly with
non-fiction books.  I have done a cursory literature search and have talked
with some of the media offices of other school districts in the area.  Although
I received some helpful information, I would appreciate any comments you all
may have.  How do you classify your circulating collection in an ES library?
If you separate "easy" books, what criteria do you use for putting a title
there?

Marti Alt
alt.1@osu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home