I used to wait til after Xmas--excuse being everyone can write their nmes
on the card etc., but parents complained because of course,their darling
could write his name in  the womb(but of course couldn't put a book back
on the shelf if her life depended on it!) So, I've moved it to right
after Halloween--I only see them once aweek,some still can't write names
on cards. I try to keep it to one book a week K-2, 2 books 3-5, of course
more for class projects,etc. No fines, you don't get a book if you didn't
return yours--but if someone makes a mistake--even on purpose-- and has 2
books awnd brinngs them in its okay. I used to allow alot more but with
days off,assemblies,absences,snow days,LOGO classes for 9 weeks-- I felt
that I just wasn't seeing people often enough.However,and especially in
summer,I'm open to changes or ideas from the group.

LM_NET Archive Home