I cancelled Glamour at the end of last year.  I replaced it with Sassy
and YM.  Only one student has even missed it.  It's that old
censorhip/selection thing again.  My feeling is that sex information can
be acceptable, but not instruction - the "how-to's".  Glamour appeared to
me to meet the information needs of sexually active young women, and I
know many of our students are but I don't want to encourage it.  They
grow up too soon and too fast.  I have less conflicts with sexual
material in fiction, because the sexual content is part of a story,
complete with character development and, usually, consequences - part of
a bigger picture.  And no lurid headlines.

LM_NET Archive Home