I agree with Allison Williams about "The Giving Tree." Love means giving and
taking on both sides.  My husband of almost 40 years - egad! - is the one who
pointed that out to me when he heard me rave positively about the book years
ago. It's a victim book.  Another book I perceive as negative for different
reasons, and I have found only one person who agrees with me, is "I'll always
Love You." The parent child relationship in the book is, to me, tunnelled.
 Where is everybody else in the family - father, daughter-in-law, etc.?  I
don't expect to find any more people who feel that way. Most people LOVE the
book.  Claire Simpson

LM_NET Archive Home