I think it's important to discuss complex issues and emotions with
students, but what I don't like to bring up with my 5 year old when she
begs me to read _I'll always love you_ is how wierd it seems to me that
this woman has nothing else in her life but her son, and how strange it
seems that she follows him around and checks up on him (when he's grown
and gone) while he's sleeping.  My daughter likes it, and I don't need
her to share my view that it seems unhealthy.  When she's bigger we can
go into the complexities a bit more thoroughly.

Shannon Acedo (acedos@marlborough.la.ca.us)
Marlborough School
250 S. Rossmore Ave.
Marlborough School