I was never wild about The Giving Tree and then someone pointed out that the
boy/man relates to the tree (a female) similar to the way many men related
to women.  This was not a two-way relationship!  It also reminds me of ways
many people relate to tress and other things in the environment, seeing them
only in terms of what they can get from them.  I cannot stomach The Giving
Tree.

--
Johanna Halbeisen                               "We are confronted by
Rebecca M. Johnson School(K-8)                   insurmountable opportunties."

LM_NET Archive Home