Can anyone recommend a good video/series on the Canadian provinces? How about
other av materials that are worthwhile? I have a hard time helping my 5th
grade students who come into the library looking for "Canadian food" or
"Canadian clothes" or "Canadian customs" when,for the most part, they are
quite similar to those in the U.S. But I never have students ask for
information on what it's like to live in a place with permafrost| The book
Canada's Kids by Sabra Holbrook is delightful, but is outdated (1983).
Perhaps there is a wonderful source for Canadian materials that I'm not aware
of.Thank you|
Julie Kessler, Librarian
West Road Intermediate School (grades 4-6)
Pleasant Valley, NY 12569
jkessler@nysscss.mhrcc.org

LM_NET Archive Home