>Netscape is free to schools. You did not pay $400 for the software. My
>guess is that the financial users did pay. So you get what you pay for. I
>find it a great piece of software for free.

Bill, you and I share the same philosophy--TANSTAAFL!  (There ain't no such
thing as a free lunch!)  That's why Netscape is a better product than
others--because it has commercial support.  However, Netscape's basic
features don't change regardless of whether you pay for it or not--I'm a
paying customer, btw.  (for a single license I paid $39 for the software
plus $20 for the manual--not bad.)  Even more interesting, the
documentation, online or printed, doesn't discuss the security "features"
we've been discussing--the ease with which email can be spoofed, for
example.  What's interesting is that Netscape has some excellent security
features--all directed toward commercial transactions.  Hmmmm?  After all,
once  I pay for lunch, I like to get what I ordered.  ;-)  ;-)

Karen G. Schneider, Blue Highways Internet Services   kgs@intac.com
Cybrarian/Internet Trainer  "Have Powerbook, Will Travel!"
Need a NJ provider?  Free referrals.
Visit Karen's Kitchen at http://www.intac.com/~kgs/