After following the recent discussion about the quality & timeliness of
Baker & Taylor records, I would like to ask if anyone is using Follett for
their book jobber, and how Follett seems to be performing, especially
regarding quality of records, timeliness in sending records & fulfilling
orders, and types of discounts available.  I have been using B&T for the
past several years with few problems.  However I will be sending in my
annual major book order very shortly, and am concerned about receiving my
books & especially the diskettes on time.  Last year the diskettes beat the
books to school, and  I only had about 5% or less that I needed to do
cataloging on.  Several years ago I had some problems with Follett (growing
pains on their part I think) with not shipping my order in a timely way.
Hence my switch to B&T (plus the Wisconsin state contract with B&T for good
discounts).

Anne

Anne Oelke     acoelke@peoples.net | "Some days are like that, even in
Cambria-Friesland School District  | Australia!"  Judith Viorst in _Alexander
Cambria, WI                        | & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
                                   | Bad Day_.

LM_NET Archive Home