   >I am doing some consulting on a cataloging and automation project for a
state    school which serves the visually and/or developmentally disabled.
Soon we will be    contacting vendors who have systems which allow visual
enhancement of screen text.    I am hoping some of you associated with other
such schools have ideas to share.
   >If you are automated, with which system?
   > Are you happy with it?
   >Do students readily make use of the OPAC?
   >Do you have a CD-ROM LAN or use CD-ROMs?
   >Where did you obtain your database for retro?
   >Do you loan regular cassette tapes, videos and materials in formats other
than large    type and Braille?
   >Do you loan equipment?
   >How much do you rely on standard distribution systems for library
materials for the    visually impaired?
   >Does your school or state give you a collection development budget?
   > Thanks for your input. I look forward to getting some good responses. :)

LM_NET Archive Home