Below are listed the recommendations I've received for materials for Early
Humans(sorry about my sexist Early "Man" request!)  I received several
others and am adding them to the original HIT.

There is a series of 3 by Brennan - Shiva...  I am at home and cannot
remember the full titles.  Books are about a Cro Magnon girl.  Very
exciting adventure stories.
Fire Hunter" by Jim
Kjelgaard
"Bone From a Dry Sea", I think, author might be Dickinson, that dealt
with the evolution of sea-apes.  It was a good story and interesting to
contemplate but I think the theory of sea-apes may be a little controversial.

Shiva: An Adventure of the Ice Age, by J.H. Brennan.
        Boy of the Painted Cave, by Justin Denzel
        Spirit on the Wall, by Ann O'Neal Garcia
        The Time of the Forest, by Tom McGowen
        Seth of the Lion People, by Bonnie Pryor
        Dom and Va, by John Christopher
        The Memory String, by Chester G. Osborne.

All of these were pulled from the book  "World Historical Fiction for
Young Adults" (Highsmith, 1995).

"The magic amulet" by Steele.

These two are recent and probably available
   Dar and the spear-thrower - Cowley, M
   Hunt for the last cat - Denzel, Justin
These two are older and may not be available
   Fire-hunter - Kjelgaard, Jim
   Tonka the cave boy - Hutchins, Ross

It might be a bit advanced, but try _The Inheritors_ by William Golding.
Linda Elliott
Library Media Teacher
Pleasant Valley High School
Chico, CA  95926