A few weeks ago I posted a query about color printers for the
Mac 5200.  One recommended was the HP 855C.  I went to look at
it in a computer store yesterday.  WOW!!!  It was impressive!
Fast, great color, VERY easy to change cartridges (much better
than my Cannon BJC 4000 at home!), nice big cartridges, with a
separate black cartridge.  I'm planning on writing a grant for
one for the Mac 580 in the library.  The teacher who needed the
information can make up his own mind.  The following are

We have the Stylewriter 2400 - and it is GREAT! Love it!

We use HP 660C color printers and are very pleased with the
quality

of the output for the price.  If you check around you can get a
good

deal on one. When ordering you must specify a Mac interface.

We have Hewlett Packard Color printers and several color
Stylewriter

2400's hooked up to our Mac LC 575 and LC 580 machines and love
them.Both

machines have a black ink cartridge in addition to the three
color

cartridge.  This really saves on the expensive color ink.  Good
luck with

your decision!

We have used both the Apple ColorStylewriter and the HP color
printer

(ink jet) and like them both very much. We get good color from
both, but

the latest journals do say they cost about $1.00 per sheet to
print.

The Apple Color Stylewriter Pro is good because you can get
separate refills

for the 4 color cartridges!  I bought the cheaper Color 2400
but you can only

replace the 3 color cartridge as a unit or just the black one.
In the long

run it'll probably be more expensiv. but I couldn't afford the
Pro at the

time.

    At school we have Hewlettt Packard inkjet printers, Model
660C?  They are

supposed to be very good also.  Inkjet printouts are far better
than

Iamgewriters and less expensive than Laser machines.

Had your message passed on to me by pat@scan.org. You can use
any of the

color inkjet offerings from Apple or Hewlett Packard. I would
recommend

that you select one that uses multiple ink cartridges rather
than the

models that require the user to swap between color and black
cartridges. If

you have a lot of money to spend, you might look at Apple's
Color

LaserWriter 12/600 PS. HP's new DeskJet 850c works with both IBM

compatibles and Macs and may be the best value for multi
platform

installations. Good luck.

I really like the Hewlett Packard Ink Jet printers. The ink
cartridges are

somewhat expensive, especially the color ones but the printer
is very

reliable and I've never had any trouble with it. I have a 520,
560, and

another that is only black. I know there are some newer models
out there.

I just recently purchased a Hewlett Packard DeskJet 855C
printer for my

5200.  It works like a dream and has excellent quality.  I am
also

purchasing one at school to use with an IBM computer.... it
works with both

platforms (a bonus in my book).  There is also a 650C that is a
little

slower....but I would recommend going with the fasted one you
can get....

because tomorrow..... it will be replaced with a faster one
(the nature of

the beast)!  Good luck with whatever printer you purchase.

Have you tried a color stylewriter pro....good color....makes
colored

transparencies also.....downfall is it uses a lot of ink!

--
Kathy Lafferty
klaffert@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home