We are in our first year of Flex. scheduled, after years of being on the
"fixed on the block, covering teacher planning" treadmill.  So far, so
good- I think.  What really helped ease the fears here was giving the
teachers a "fixed 15 min. checkout period where they could bring the
entire class down and let them check out books.  They got to put it in
their planning books ...for some reason they were all fixiated on having
a "library time" in their weekly lesson plans.  They know that during
that time there is a chance that I'll be doing something else with
another class.  Some have started sending down their kids alone in small
groups but most still want to troop their group on down. I'm hopeing that
during the next year or two, more and more of them will opt for the small
group checkout.

                           Guusje Moore
                 Librarian, Housman Elementary School
                           Houston, Texas