I gotta stick my 2cents in...sorry: I don't know how you guys read this
list but I read it by subject.  If the subject appeals, I read it.  If it
don't, I delete it unread.  I subscribe to LM_Net, Kidsphere, Edudeaf,
VOCserve, ECEOL, and a couple others I can't remember.  My mailbox can
have 600 messages.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but mostly I am
comfortable.  A topic that a neophyte librarian needs to discuss might
not appeal to me...that's what the d key is for...deleting.  Messages
aren't like telephones ringing...you don't _have to_ pick up the phone!

I know I might be missing some really neat stuff because some people
don't write subjects in an appealing way...but this is the only way I can
get thru the mess of mail.

I think this is a survival skill for the next millenium...yeah.

anyway, just IMNSHO...

roselle

American School for the Deaf
r_weiner@sacam.oren.ortn.edu

On Sun, 22 Oct 1995, Cheryl King wrote:
[STUFF DELETED]
>  LM_Netters have a wide variety of experience levels and and jobs even
> though we have much in common through our profession.
> Although it is interesting and educational to hear the concerns of
> librarians at all grade levels,  I don't think it is productive of the
> time and pocketbook of M.S.,  H.S., and experienced elementary
> librarians, for example,  to make them scroll through a huge hit
> pertaining to a basic question raised by a brand new elementary librarian
> --unless a very large number of people have requested a hit.
>
> I do agree with the previous opinion that Hits posted to the list
> should be summarized.  However, I don't think this is necessary when
> sending a hit directly to an individual.
>

> Cheryl King,
> Librarian Agana Heights Elementary School, Box DE, Agana, Guam 96910
> E-Mail:  Cheryl.King@KUENTOS.GUAM.NET
>
> "Guam-Where America's day begins!"

LM_NET Archive Home