This subject brought to mind what I tried to do here in Noblesv. while
I was media coordinator: I brought together folks from our public
library, with the high school librarian from our district and a district
south of here.  I aimed to get them started on several issues, and have
a continuing series of meetings through the years.  The first thing we
were to address was cooperative purchasing.  However, no one would chair
the group (and I was determined that that should not be *my* role! Maybe
I was wrong...), and so it met sporadically only a few times.  However,
ideally, if you cannot afford all you want, you might want to think about
cooperative efforts with public & other school  libraries.  It is getting
easier & easier with computerized catalogs to keep track of what we have...
and what everyone else has.  This could save many of you tons of money
and frustration.  Perhaps you might like to try something like this.
Which reminds me, now that I'm retired, maybe I should try that again....
this time as a volunteer!

Thanks for listening

Mary

Mary H. Kraft                           Storyteller
Noblesville, IN 46060                   Library/Media Consultant
mkraft.nosc@ash.palni.edu

LM_NET Archive Home