Thanks to all who sent info!  I realized that my question was
not well worded.  My book budget is $1500, and I have a
separate supply budget, most of which is taken up buying
laminating film.  I would like to eliminate the laminating
film, and you've given me some ammunition to use!

  About 10 people said the film comes from a general supply
budget, not from a library budget.

1 school said the PTA buys it for them. (ours won't, I've
asked.)

4 people said they buy it from a library supply budget.

Once school said the office takes the money from each
department to pay for the laminating film out of the general
supplies area.

1 person said they fill the machine on the first of the month,
and that's it until the next month.

1 person sends a form around to each department, and asks if
they can donate a roll or two.

Thanks for the info and ideas!
--
Kathy Lafferty