We really like Groliers and have had no problems with it.  We also have the
Information finder (World Book) and First connections (Golden).  Each
student seems to prefer a different one for a different reason.  There is
also a new one, the name which escapes me, that is reasonable and good.
JENNIFER KAYSAK 202-260-0420 (KAYSAK.JENNIFER@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV) wrote:
:           Dear LM_NETTERS,

:           I have a co-worker who is looking for a good encyclopedia on
:           CDROM.  As a former school librarian, I have suggested
:           Encyclopedia Americana and Groliers.  He plans to buy it as a
:           present for his high school age children.  I looked in the
:           LM_NET archives and found a discussion about Groliers having
:           problems but no one saying if it had be fixed or not.  I would
:           appreciate some advice.

:           Jennifer Lyn (Bertovich) Kaysak
:           Contract Librarian
:           Environmental Financing Information Network
:           Environmental Protection Agency
:           Washington, DC 20460
:           KAYSAK.JENNIFER@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV

:           P.S.  If anyone knows of an opening in Northern Virgina K-8,
:           please let me know.  I would like to get back into the school
:           library.

LM_NET Archive Home