I'm planning to see if my third grade classes don't want to reply to
these messages next week.  But this brings something that I have been
wondering about.  Ever so often someone comes up with an idea that seems
just right for our teachers or kids such as this or the Groundhog Day
weather thing or the 100 day celebration.  I would often like to cabbage
on to it, but after all it was THEIR idea, and I feel sure that everyone
doesn't want to be writing hundreds of cardinal directions greetings.  Is
there any way that a temporary project site, a kind of mini-listserv
could be set up so that all the replies could go there and everyone who
was interested could pick them up.  In a way it would be like a hit, but
it would only go to the mailboxes of those would subscribed.  I'm
probably betraying my total technical ignorance here but I was just
wondering?
Paula Neale
mohmie@coop.crn.org

On Sun, 3 Sep 1995, nora mosley wrote:

> Hello Again LM_NETTERS,
>  A few days ago Marybeth Green from San Antonio asked if any of you would
> send messages to her third graders to help them with practicing their
> skills in determining cardinal directions. I liked her idea and asked if
> I could borrow it for my 3rd graders. She said yes. So if you could take
> a minute to drop my kids a message that clearly identifies your hometown
> so we can locate it on a map I would appreciate it. If your hometown is
> sort of smallish, give us a clue by telling us which major city it is
> close to. TIA
> Nora Mosley
> nmosley@nccu.edu
> Dixon Elementary