For those interesed in what can be loosely described as coming of age  or
loss of innocence novels, they are listed below in no particular order.

The Learning Tree, Cold Sassy Tree, Catcher in the Rye, Beless Me,
Ultima, The Joy Luck Club, Like Water for Chocolate, Daisy Fay and the
Mairacle Man, Diary of a Young girl, Zlatas Diary, Adventures of Tom
Sawyer, Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, Adventures of
Huckleberry Finn.

The Chosen, Christy, Treasure Island, Great Expectations, Dandelion Wine,
The Client, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Summer of My German Soldier,
Shane, The Awakening, Tess D'Ubervilles, Jane Eyre, Little Women, The
Yearling, Color Purple, Listening for the Crack of Dawn, The Bluest Eye,
Dead Poet's Society, The Jungle Book, David Copperfield, When Legends Die.

A River Runs Through It, Sounder, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, Acorss
Five Aprils, Go Ask Alice, I Never Promised You a Rose Garden, Anne of
Green Gables, The Prince and the Pauper, Mango Street, Whitewater, Hunter
in the Dark, Rich in Love, Thirty Six Exposures, Folded Leaf, Saturday
the Twelfth of October, Crystal, For All the Wrong Reasons, Luke and
Angela, Edisto, Summer of 42, Bule Skin of the Sea, Strictly Personal.

Bless the Beasts and the Children, Bright Shadow, Permanent Connections,
Cat's Eye, Red Sky at Morning, Kisses, If I Loved You Wednesday, Shelter
for a Seabird, Barren Ground, Steppenwolf, Bright Shadow, Look Homeward,
Angel, Walk Two Moons, White Lillies.

Patsy Small, psmall@tenet.edu
Bandera High School Library

LM_NET Archive Home