We are a high school of 2,000 students.  At present, student do not have
access to E-mail unless they have their own accounts such as AOL.  Thy do
have access to Netscape by using generic passwords in our networked lab.
Pans are to try to add E-mail services, but there is much discussion as
to the problem of passwords.  Some in charge want every kid to have his
own password which would change each month.  Others want to continue the
generic route (each station would have its won) feeling that indiv.
passwords would be a supervisory /logistic nightmare.  Can anyone give me
any feedback on this -- what works, waht doesn't. My school is fortunate
enough to have a lab tech -- the other 9 hs are not as lucky, and all
system admin. will be done by media spec. and a backup person.  (Excuse
the typos -- my software won't let me go back and edit; actually, I
haven't figured it out yet).  TIA

Michele Tyrrell
Arundel High School; Gambrills, Md.21054
mtyrrell@umd5.umd.edu

LM_NET Archive Home