Hi,
I strongly hope that listservs do not disappear - especially if they
are replaced by web pages. These are two differenct  t forms of communications.
Web pages talk to you - you cannot talk back to them or share ideas
with them. Sending a message in a mailto form is not the same thing
as sharing ideas with a large group of people.

I do not think that listservs and usenet groups will disappear. They may
take on a technology ically more advanced form. They fill a great human
need to communicate with people of similar interests. The internet has
made this communication possible between people who are separated by
thousands of miles. If I were given the option or ha    f having to give up
my e-mail or my web browser, I would keep the e-mail, and give up the
bo rowser.

Linda Bertland
Librarian
Stetson Middle School