What you are talking about is called the 'memory' effect.

Some battery chargers have an 'erase' mode, where they try to discharge
the battery as much as possible before charging.  This can help, but in
my experience does not help as much as one would like.

I have heard there are batteries out there now, with no 'memory' effect,
but they are a little bit more expensive.

Kevin

> Date:    Tue, 9 Apr 1996 03:25:44 -0500
> From:    Floyd Pentlin <fpentlin@GARFIELD.LEESUMMIT.K12.MO.US>
> Subject: TECH: Batteries-CamCorder
> How do you handle the problem of when faculty/students return a camcorder
> and when you recharge the batteries, it recharges for only the length of
> time it was used -- and so now we have batteries that will charge for
> only 10 minutes?

LM_NET Archive Home