I don't bother with due dates, date due slips, date due stamps etc. We
are automated with flexible scheduling and the kids can come whenever
they want.  The rule round these parts is your books have to be back in
the library to get more books.  Since most kids come a couple of times a
week, they bring the books back.  I don't charge fines so what's the
point of telling the kid when it's due- it's due when you want another book.

If someone reallly wants to know this trival piece of information I can
pull it up on the circ. system.

It saves lots of time at checkout if you don't have to mess with date due
slips/stamps....and so far the Library Dragon has not yet incenerated me
for not following standard library procedures. No due dates has been SOP
here for 5+ years.
Guusje
(who lost 1/2 of an aide this year and is always looking for ways to cut
corners)

                           Guusje Moore
                 Librarian, Housman Elementary School
                           Houston, Texas