Does anyone have a written privacy policy they would be willing to share?

We have several faculty members who think nothing of asking who has a
particular book our, or what books a specific student has out, and one
teacher has even walked behind the desk and checked the computer files
himself.

The librarian before me evidently handed out this information on request
to faculty members,but I would like to establish a different policy!
I have several drafts written, but would like to compare them with
something which has worked for others.  An outline of salient points
would be fine.

TIA

Kathy Koenig
The Ellis School