Maybe other districts do it differently, but in the Chicago Public
Schools, our clerk can print out a list of all students, by grade.
This sure beats trying to get them from each of the teachers.  In
fact, when I enter them for myself, I print out copies for each
teacher and for the office as well.  This gives me lists for my
gradebook and some good PR with the rest of the staff.  I keep the
lists from year-to-year so all I need to do each fall is "graduate and
update"

Gail Smith
Edison Regional Gifted Center
Chicago