This summer I went in on my own (without pay) and barcoded books,
typed in 1,320 student and faculty barcodes, and brought our
automation system online. I didn't mind doing this without pay,
because the person it will help in the longrun,,,,, IS ME.

SUPRISE-Two weeks ago, at the start of the year, I was told that I
would be coaching 4 academic competition categories, hosting two
competitions, head of the Mid-State Academic Conference (rotation this
year only), and running an academic coaches workshop. It now appears
that 3 of the 4 Academic Coaching positions will be done without pay.

My questions to Librarians are,

1. What are some of the extra-curricular jobs that you are asked to
   do?
and
2. Do you get paid for them?

thank you for any feedback and help you can give,
Dick Ramey

LM_NET Archive Home