Thanks to everyone who responded on this one.  There were a variety of
"don't worry".
Apparently there are several databases out there with the same information
on them.  Also if you have your name purged once there is no guarantee that
it will not be added at a later date.  The consensus seems to be that the
Soc. Sec. #'s are pretty well hidden from your average person but could be
accessed by someone with enough motivation.
A person in my school called the number we were given and they said they
are no longer taking requests over the phone, only through e-mail or snail
mail.  One item I found elsewhere on the Net said that the phone number we
had was a scam to get your Soc. Sec. #, but when we called they didn't want
her number so apparently that is a false report.
The data on the database is available "above the line" from credit
reporting companies so it is--until enough public outrage is
generated--completely legal to disperse this through public channels.
Another peril of modern life.

LM_NET Archive Home