Some months ago, I heard a fellow participant in a conference talk about
using a technique with middle schoolers that enabled a class to read a
book in a short period of time by splitting up the reading into small
group sessions, with each group reading part of the book, and then somehow
drawing the whole book together with the whole class.  I think she made
reference to "reading a book in an hour" or something similar.  Does this
ring a bell with anyone?  I would love to find out more about this
technique if anyone has the whole program or a reference to it.

Thanks so much.

Roberta Cole Lader, Librarian, St. Thomas More Cathedral School,
Arlington, VA.
e-mail: lader@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home