Did you know that we are the ones who nominate the potential Knickerbocker
recipients?  I'd like very much, at Jackie Groves' request, to start a
movement to nominate Isabelle Holland for her outstanding work over the past
thirty some years, writing for our youth and for adults in NYS.
If you would like to join me in the nomination, please drop a line to Jackie
Groves; Edward R. Andrews Elem. Sch.; Box 990; Morrisville, NY 13408.
Isabelle has written such books as "Of Love and Death and other journeys",
"The Man Without a Face", etc.  She has about thirty titles to her credit.
Her St.Anselm series has been stopped by her publisher even though there are
more to come - precisely because she hasn't had enough publicity, I think.
At any rate, here is one of our own - an author who basically hasn't left
NYS, quietly writing and I think this would really encourage her to keep on
listening and writing.
Thanks.
Sr. MV
--
Sister Mary Veronica,CHS      "Give what you have to someone -
Xavier High School             it may be greater than you dare

LM_NET Archive Home