I guess I've been using it to define what you would call categories of
fiction--ie. mysteries,science fiction,etc. I think my use of this came
from a writers' workshop --specifically Romance Writers who constantly
dicussed this as a genre. At the elementary level we don't discuss essays
etc very much. It also seems that elementary reading series' are
referring to "historical fiction" as a genre--at least Macmillan does.
                              signed Willing to be corrected,and waiting
                              for comments,
                                         Judy Ermlick

LM_NET Archive Home