Do any of you have fiber optic wiring in your library?  If so, do you use
it for video or networking or both?  It is my understanding that this
technology has not been perfected yet and that those libraries with fiber
optics only use it to transfer video images and have separate wiring for
networking.  We are looking into wiring for a yet to be built new wing and
have been advised to put in fiber optics even if we have to connect later.
Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
                                                Pat Bender

LM_NET Archive Home