Dear fellow netters,

What are the implications of the recent telecommunications legislation
that includes penalties/imprisonment of anyone providing access to
"indecent" material online?  Does that mean that public schools and
public libraries should not provide internet access, however monitored,
to their patrons?  Can someone point me to the actual wording of this
part of the legislation?  I can't believe that it is this far reaching.
Why open doors and close them at the same time?  Help me understand this.

Roberta Ponis
Library Services
Jefferson County Public Schools
Golden, (where the sunsets are majestic, the men and women fiercely
independent and all the children are gifted) Colorado
rponis@jeffco.k12.co.us

LM_NET Archive Home