On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Deborah Marie Collier wrote:

>       Aren't keyboarding skills mandated by TEA? My mother teaches 4th
> grade near Austin & I believe she's told me her kids are required to go
> to computers every week, & part of the curriculum is keyboarding skills.

Yes, they probably are ..... I just didn't remember that since I am at
the high school all of the time.  We *do* still have the mandated one
semester of computer literacy in 7th grade and then at high school our
9th graders have 1 semester of keyboarding.  Unless they use those skills
for other classes, however, they just don't remember what was taught in
keyboarding!

Perhaps someone will come up with a solution!

Betty

LM_NET Archive Home