Now I have one for you all: My previous principal (thank goodness!)
wanted my office kept neat & tidy at all times. Shelves were not to be
cluttered with things, the table was to be completely cleared off every
afternoon before I left (even of book processing in progress), &
countertops empty. Even though I had a door, she wanted it kept
'presentable' so the door could be left open at all times. I got so mad
about this once that not only did I clear everything off the shelves, but
I removed the shelves themselves & stacked them neatly on the bottom of
the walls. This (& not dusting) was the only thing I was ever written up
about in my evaluation--to which I replied, "Maybe they want a maid
instead of a librarian." I never let it bother me. I always figured if
this was all she could find to cite me for, I was doing a D**N good job!

*   Debbie Collier          Orange Grove Elementary  *
*   Librarian &             Houston, Texas           *
*   "Resourceress"          COLLIE@TENET.EDU         *

LM_NET Archive Home